Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pretty Much a kid update

So, not much has really been going on besides being a mommy for me so I figured I'd write about what I know......my children!

We had Riley's 3 year checkup and Jack's 4 month checkup at the doctor on Tuesday. Getting them both done at once was cool but it took a long time and I'm kinda glad that probably won't happen again. Anyways I'll start with Riley. She is still very tall...I think the sheet said 3 feet 3 inches....and still at 37 pounds where I swear she has been and probably will be for a while. She is smart as we all know very well. I was reading some of the milestones for 3 years old and just laughed. One of them was putting a sentence together with 3 to 4 words!! I was like you're kidding right?!?! This kid has been doing that since she was 18 months old!! She is a little behind on her gross motor skills. She has never been much of a runner or jumper and she isn't quite where she should be now, so we're going to be working with her on that more and trying to get her up to speed..... literally! haha! I was beating myself up for about a day over it thinking it was my fault for not working with her on it enough and I still feel that way but I'm not beating myself up for it anymore.

Jack is doing great too. He is 26.6 inches long and weighs 15.4 pounds. His head circumference is only in the 25% still. Boy just has a small head. He is right on with his development. Evidently somebody didn't explain to him that it was harder to turn from his back to his belly because that's what he did first. I think he could probably go the other way too but I haven't seen him do it yet. There was one occasion while we were there that the doctor made me cry. I was telling her about the urologists findings and how he said that in the pictures Jacks bladder was off to the side because there was a lot of gas in his tummy. I told her I couldn't remember completely but I think the perinatologist said something about that at one point too when I was still pregnant with him so I was a little concerned about his bladder. I can't remember exactly what she said at that point but it was something about checking for a tumor pushing his bladder over and it was all I could do not to lose it right there! But I kept it together and told myself that it's only ONE possible worst case scenario outcome and with all the ultrasounds and everything else I had I'm sure if there was a tumor big enough to push his bladder like that we would have found it. And when the docs have felt his belly they feel nothing. Anyways other than that my little man is just wonderful.....he got 2 shots and some oral vaccine and we go back at 6 months for him.

We are going Monday to see the urologist for Jack and get another ultrasound. I'm anxious to find out where he is now with all of it and see how fast he is going to outgrow this! 

Well, I think that's all from me for now I'll try to figure out how to post more often but I've discovered how hard it is with 2 kids and I hate just writing little posts so we'll see.

TTFN 

2 comments:

A New Leaf said...

First of all, I love reading about your kids, so you can feel free to keep that coming. :)

Second, if you'd like to feel better about Riley's motor skills, I didn't start crawling - CRAWLING - until I was 13 months old. I'm dead serious. I was a totally lazy baby and didn't feel the need to get around until I saw something on the other side of the room I wanted. It was not my parents' fault - and it's not yours about Riley either. Girlfriend will be just fine. :)

Theresa Carlson said...

:) thanks for that. Man i miss you! you should call soon!